Here is the reveal of the entryway with the desk/vanity piece that I have been working on!
We all need a place to drop our keys, sort the mail, sit and put on our shoes, or give ourselves one last look before we run out the door. Although such a space has to serve many functions, there is no reason that it can't also be beautiful.
This little desk/vanity has a fresh and minty green drawer to drop the mail, house your lipstick or even the dogs leash...
It used to look like this....
The paint colors I went with are Sherwin Williams Gauntlet Gray (bottom portion) and Pantone's Barely Blue (top and drawer front), and the interior drawer color is Pantone's Aqua glass, as inspired by the colors in this watercolor......
.....which are now all framed up and looking extra classy!! Thanks to ArtWorks!!
psssst....you can buy really affordable, and ORIGINAL pieces there...I do it ALL the time!! It's kind of a problem that I have. You know, among all the other problems......Kate Spade addiction....stenciling addiction....need I go on??
Did you notice that I couldn't resist stenciling the shade?
I mean, why not??
This project is featuring my latest and most dangerous addictions: Stenciling (duh.), all things lucite, and now, furry Mongolian wool pelts....
Don't be surprised when every project you see has one!
I am IN LOVE with this vintage chrome chair with the Mongolian wool hide! It was love at first fluff when I spotted it at Leggy Bird Designs in Libertyville, Illinois!!
It had a furry twin sister and now I regret not buying both of them!
But regrets don't do anyone any good, so I just promised myself that next time I will trust that little voice that says, "You NEED BOTH furry chairs Kelle!!!" and it's all gonna be good!
Some other info on this project in case you're interested:
1. The table lamp and shade are from Target ( few years back)
2. The mirror is from Pottery Barn
3. The little boudoir pillow with the vintage pearl button was made by my Mom out of remnant fabric (thanks MOM!!) (and also belongs to a client..errrr.. so now you see it, and very soon you won't!)
4. The original watercolor paintings are by Helen Napier and are available for purchase HERE.
5. The vintage chrome chair is from Leggy Bird Designs.
6. The desk/vanity is also available for purchase HERE. Please contact me for details.
7. The little vase, known as Kiki, is from Crate and Barrel.
8. The hardware on the desk is from SignatureThings.com
9. The Japanese fan stencil is from Stencil Boss. (and also happens to be the easiest stencil I have ever used!!)
10. The silver and gold leafed antlers were in my basement and I hand foiled them. They are also available for purchase HERE.
If you live in the area (Kenosha, Northern East Illinois, Chicago or Milwaukee suburbs) you can come see this, and more, in person!! My office/studio is open every day of the week!
Mon-Fri 10am to 6pm
Sat: 10am to 5pm
Sun: 12pm to 4pm
I'm located inside ArtWorks in the upstairs gallery:
5002 7th Avenue
Kenosha WI 53140
I hope some of you will stop by and say hi!
Have a fabulous week!