Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Progress Report



We have been busy busy bees these past few weeks and we are finally seeing a little glimpse of that light at the end of the tunnel!! 



It might not look like much, but it took A LOT of hard work to get to this point!!

By hard work, I mean tears, and scratches, and slivers, and puncture wounds, etc. 

Thanks to my super handy man and Miss Bailey herself.....


...helping fill nail holes....



...she's a natural!



We will be putting the finishing touches on this baby in no time!!

I was up into the wee hours of the morning painting the headboard onto the wall...


I decided to paint the headboard onto the wall rather than construct one out of wood and fabric because three year-olds are messy and they can spontaneously erupt at any moment. This option is also free if you happen to already have the coordinating paint. The super special bonus is that this option doesn't make more work for my already overloaded worker bee. Everyone wins!

One more coat and she'll be done!



AND all of the fabrics have arrived!!




It's time to get out the sewing machine!!

I hope you're all having a fabulous week! 

8 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it! That is the luckiest 3-year-old on the entire planet. I can't wait to see it all complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this room! The painted headboard is genius...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am SO excited to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo that is going to be lavish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to paint the headboard! Looking good! And yes, she is a natural for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see it finished! I agree with these ladies - the painted headboard is a stroke of genius. You are sheer brilliance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the painted headboard! Can you imagine a little girl who is able to keep an upholstered headboard clean? I can't!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never use the acronym, but I am literally laughing out loud at the spontaneous eruption comment! Truer words have never been spoken, and I think it was genius of you to paint the headboard onto the wall! (Why have I never thought of that?) So, what I want to know is where does Bailey sleep during all this construction?

    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.