Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Almost There!!



I thought I'd give you another sneak peak to hold you over for a few more days!!





My brilliant hubs discovered a use for these vintage door knobs!!! 



This was me: "OH crap!! I didn't get hardware for the drawers!!"

The hubs : "DUH! You already have some!"

Me: "What??? I DO??..... NO!!! I am NOT using the HIDEOUS hardware from the old kitchen!!" 
( I tend to jump to the most horrifying conclusions)

The hubs: "NO you crazy lady! I'm not talking about those!" 
He went into the pantry, where I hide my secret stash of vintage door knobs ( I don't know why I hide them cuz I'm pretty sure there aren't any doorknob swipers out there) and he said "We can use these!"

Me: "You're a GENIUS!!! I knew there was a reason I married you!!"

We should have a reality show.

Anyway, I'm still hard at work on this room. The hubs still has a wooden window valance to build, and I still have the accessorizing, and the wall art to perfect, so it's gonna be a few more days....I'm  even still shopping!! Good thing I'm not waiting to reveal this room until my Mother finishes the drapes or else you'd all be waiting till Christmas! 

I learned to NEVER rush my Mother when she has to sew something. You CANNOT rush perfection!! So, I will show her room with just the polka dotted sheers. They are super cute, so I'm completely ok with that! Now my Mother can take her time and I can wait patiently until 2012!! 

ok. Maybe it won't take THAT long.


Hang tight Y'all!!




7 comments:

  1. Great job hubs! The hardware looks great! I tend to go to the worse case scenario myself ;)

    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so excited! Loving the sneak peek! This room reveal is going to be, dare I say...Epic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a keeper if he can pick knobs! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it won't take until 2012 to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, take your time! I am kidding! Looking forward to it! Glad he found that hardware for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What else do you have stashed away??? The owl and books are fabulous. I'm painting some owls white right now and I'm seeing yours and so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.