Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Loot!!!



I've been a shopping maniac!!

Here is the loot for Miss Bailey's room so far:

A Bohemian glass chandelier....sorry the pic is so small! 


Here it is in person...



I was surprised to find it at Lowes. Usually I don't fall for any of their lighting, but this one was perfect. 
It was $159, which didn't really make me happy because I was wanting to spend more like $100...but it's just so darn cute!!! I might be adding a little Kelle Dame touch....you'll see later!

AND some hardware for her soon to be dresser (more on that special piece later)...


the Pipeline handle from Anthropologie and these three lovely pieces....


...all from Hobby Lobby at 50% off! I wish you could see just how sparkly they are. The eye shaped knob is all the rage right now! It's gonna start popping up everywhere! I can't wait to see it on her armoire! First I have to re-finish it! I'm not looking forward to that project :( Where's the button that allows you to jump to the end result??

Here is the dresser I'm working with....


I'll do an entire post on this piece later. It's a really special piece and it honestly kills me to paint it because look at that gorgeous maple!! Believe it or not, I helped re-finish this dresser when I was about 12 years old! You see, I have been doing this my whole life!! There are at least two other pieces just like it, so I don't feel AS BAD painting it...yes, I'm using that as my justification! AND my good friend Tori says that I'm giving the next generation something to do!


I also found some Euro pillows and shams on clearance at Marshalls!!



$19.99 each! It's hard to even find an insert for that price!!


And a mirror for above the dresser:



From HomeGoods for $50. I loved the pearly details!




And I'm about three seconds from buying one of these quilts from Serena and Lily



The soft colors help calm down the rest of the bright colors going on in her room. I just wince a little at spending $180 on a quilt!!! BUT if it must be done, then I'll do it. I know it's of superb quality and all, I just have to make sure I can't find something similar for less. It's in my DNA, what can I say!

So that is what I have so far...there is much more to come!! I'm getting excited! My hubs has starting building the bed and we've even primed a few pieces! I love watching it all come together.

Hope you're all having a fabulous week!! 

11 comments:

  1. love that mirror :) thinking about finding one similar and painting the frame blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that is going to me so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see - I love all of the materials!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelle, it's been really fun to watch your process of redoing your daughter's room. She's a lucky little lady!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. CNT is one of the most acknowledged names in Software development and
    Network Training. Apart from providing Software Solutions to the various
    companies,CNT is also involved in imparting High-end project based training
    to students of MCA and B.Tech etc. For more details visit:

    CCNA training in chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chandi is gorgeous!!!! I love the knobs and pulls too. This is going to be such a beautiful room and I am so excited to see it!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo close. I love that light fixture. It's worth the investment because it doesn't matter what age your daughter is, she'll still be able to incorporate it into her design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a pull and knob-aholic lately too....Just bought several @ HB too....Look forward to how you pull this room all together....you always do such a great job! I wonder if our daughters understand how much fun we have doing this for them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the chandelier would really look amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey There. I found your weblog the usage of msn. This is a very well written
    article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your useful info.

    Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.

    Feel free to surf to my site: click here to go there now

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.