Monday, August 22, 2011

Bailey's Room

Happy Monday !! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!!!

I've been working on the soft layers of Bailey's room and this is what I've got so far...


Soul Blossom Fabric by Amy Butler in Cilantro




Black polka dot fabric from Carousel Designs 



Annie Selke Fabric from Joann's

I still need these....


Especially this pink chevron print pillow!!



and one or two of these....






From Iviemade on Etsy. I love this shop!!

I just got these sheers...


from PBteen on sale!!

Bailey's window treatments will look very similar to these, but I will be taking some inexpensive white drapes and adding black ribbon trim to them instead of purchasing these. This idea will save me at least $200!!!
I am also designing a wooden valance similar to the ones I created for my previous client, Miss Emely...


Thank goodness we only have to do one for Bailey's room!!

AND I have these sheets from JCPenney...
Only $25 with an in-store coupon! My Mother advised me to get more than one set....smart mom...I'm still learning!

You'll notice that I have pulled fabrics from everywhere and that I combine different bedding items from different places. This is because I loathe bedding sets!! Even when I was 9 and re-decorating my bedroom each week (NO!! I surprisingly stopped doing that :) I would stay away from bedding sets. They're boring and stale and if you tire of the color scheme or pattern you have to re-buy EVERYTHING all over again! With mix and match bedding you may only tire of one or two pieces so it's less expensive to change your mind. Besides, it just looks more stylish and will truly reflect your individual style to pull things you love from all the places you love to shop. 

I'll keep you posted on the rest and her closet is almost done! The wonky stripes are almost a bad memory!!

9 comments:

  1. I am loving all these fabrics and pillows!!! The windows are going to look gorgeous too, the wooden valance is so cool! I can't wait to see what you do!
    Have a great week!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing choices, Kelle! You have great taste!! :) I can't wait to see the whole room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing with fabrics. I love the combo and can't wait to see the room in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love! That Amy Butler fabric rocks...and the other prints you've chosen to go with it are awesome as well. Love the black and white stripes and polka dots. Can't wait to see them all together in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so admire your ability t pull all those beautiful patterened fabrics together!
    Also, I love the more than one set of sheets idea. Is your two year old potty-training?
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun, fun, fun! I can't wait to see all of these fabrics together. I totally agree with you on the bedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those polka dots! I just bought melon polka dot sheets for my daughters room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loooove the polka dots!!!! that's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're a bunch of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive job and our entire neighborhood will be grateful to you.

    My page ... interesting article

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.