Friday, August 12, 2011

Bailey's Room

I think I've got the plan together for Bailey's room! 

The plan is to NOT have much of a plan!! Well, much of a color plan that is. If I know me, and I know my daughter, then I know our favorite colors are gonna change every week and if she's at all like me, and she IS, then she's gonna want to re-decorate her room every week! So the plan, is to not have a plan, and just go nuts with ALL her favorite colors!!!


Most of this OB palette inspiration came from a room I saw on The Simply Inspired Home. I loved the colors and all white blank palette. I might not stick with entirely white, we'll see...I like to throw in a subtle blue ceiling when I can!


These are fairly mature colors...


colors that she will certainly grow into as this palette works for girls of all ages.


and when Bailey feels too mature for flowers and butterflies....we'll just replace the few items with the motif!


Our palette will be mostly white and there will be pops of color in the furniture and accessories. 

We'll be incorporating some Madeline prints...



Because we LOVE Madeline!!!

And some chevron and ikat dots because we LOVE them too...




pillow via Milk and Cookies on Etsy




I can officially get started and the Mr. is working on the built-ins that will kinda be like these....


Which we need,  no matter how narrow they will be, because we have 900 million books to house!! The goal is to have her room complete by her birthday in October....we'll see about that!!

Have a fabulous weekend!! I'll be painting!!


8 comments:

  1. This is such a fun look, Kelle. As you said, it's mature, and it's eclectic enough to handle any new favorite color of the week. Very happy.
    I love the bed/bookshelf combo you picked out. Are you all really going to make that? I'm dying to see it!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun and perfect for a girl's room. Can't wait to see it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. LOVE. IT. All of my favorite plans have revolved around not having a plan! Then you can be yourself, go with the flow, and not worry about "not doing it right".

    It's going to be GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, so excited to see your pictures as it comes together!! Nicolex

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be amazing. I painted my white guest room ceiling blue...love it. My kids went to the school in Paris that Madeline went to! So we love her, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun colors! I love the white with all the bright colors like that, I know that it is going to be beautiful!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bailey's room will be beautiful. hey Kelle! did you know you won the giveaway on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Normally I don't read article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, quite great article.

    Here is my blog homepage

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.