Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My New Crush

I'm sure I'm 90 years behind the times by just now discovering Chive, the Toronto based glassware company that specializes in unique glassware vases that really make you stop and look. Ok....Maybe the company has only been around since 2004, but their fresh, innovative designs, are irresistible! They aren't ridiculously priced either.

It's a bit like they are paying me to talk about them, but really, they aren't...I kinda wish!! I'm just in love with the fluted vase that I found at a local boutique called Boobe.


It kinda looks like a glass Lego, but once you put flowers in it, the Lego appearance is hidden. Especially, if you do what I did, and go nuts with hydrangeas.... 


It's like the flowers are floating above the water. 

I didn't REALLY fall in love with this vase until I realized that it's actually really functional. By functional, I mean, my daughter can't knock it over! She loves smelling flowers and nearly knocks over every vase that I put out. Then I get scared and move them somewhere safe. I don't have to with this one!

I can even put it on the ledges in the front hallway and it's not likely that anyone will knock it over. 
**Notice that I said, "Not Likely" **


I will be the idiot who knocks it over with her huge purse!!  BUT, do you see why I love it now?? 

They have others that my daughter (and I) wouldn't be able to knock over...


This one is called Goudie...and I love her!


Miss Bailey really can't knock over a vase that is nailed to the wall!!


This one is called a wall dot. A person could go nuts with these.

There are many more to love...



Who doesn't love some gun metal?



or a ray gun effect?? 

If I had my store I would carry these puppies!! Some day people...some day!!




7 comments:

  1. Kelle! I love this! Can I link this to this post in my "Stylish Living with Kids and Pets" tab?
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Nothing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the first one almost has a flower frog built right in. Thanks for introducing me to this resource.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are so awesome and fun, i love the low wide one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those, Kelle! I don't have kids, but I do have curious cats who like to jump onto tables! Perfect for that...plus, in my new townhome I have two ledges at the tops of my staircases I've been playing around with as far as decor- great for that, too. (TOTALLY love me some gunmetal, btw)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cool! I have never heard of them either so I must be behind as well, which is ok.

    Enjoy your weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well don't feel too bad. Toronto is my hometown and I've never heard of them either. I will be looking them up 'cause those are brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.