Sunday, July 17, 2011

Black, White, and Clay

My ArtWorks project is coming along...


***Update: This piece is by a local artist, Carolyn Gagliardi***

Here is an example of the color scheme we have. Black, white, and clay. Very MANLY!

I always love classic black and white, especially on a stairwell.  The neutral clay color is going to allow for some serious play with bold colors. 


I just finished painting the top rail black and I'm really happy with it! I love the simple sophistication of a little touch of black. Now I am seriously craving a new light fixture!! 

Here's what I have for 'before' shots... 


The triangle wall to the left is now the clay colored wall.


This project has certainly proven that a little black can go a long way.

As for the little pendant that needs updating, I have my eye on a few...

We could go industrial...


I love the top left from Anthro...


OR we could go Art Deco to add a slight touch of femininity...




I'm thinking that a few Art Deco references would tie back to the original design and architecture of the building. I could be wrong, seeing as how I don't actually know anything about the building, but Art Deco just seems to fit.

Can't you just see it???

This is totally the wrong perspective with the light, but you can still get an idea of what an Art Deco pendant would look like. I still love playing with olioboards!

I'll keep you all posted on the progress! Hope you're having a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Love the simple, classic and elegant look that you're going for Kelle. The lighting options are all fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first image is just great! Isn't it amazing what a little black can do for a space? I am thrilled with our black stair rail and think it gave just enough punch. You are right about black and white being classic. Your store is coming along nicely and I'm sure you will pick the best light fixture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving that black railing, Kelle! And that last art deco fixture just kills me -- and then I noticed that you saw a similar one in person recently. I think that's the one to go with.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sophisticated look, I love it! The art deco feel is perfect, my favourite period of architecture (and lighting!). Nicolex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that railing!!! I think either style of light would be perfect for the space. Can't wait to see it all dolled up in the after photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHMYGOSH Kelle the shop is looking amazing!!!!! I love what you have done and are doing! I can't wait to look through more of your posts to see your beautiful work! Love the print too. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.