Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Update: Message Center

I had a hot date with a roll of painters tape the other night.......


....nearly an entire roll later, I have me some green stripes! 

It's tedious work and I have changed my mind regarding painting any stripes on any of my walls. Ever. 
Unless they are at least 2 feet wide.

Did you notice the large spot above the message center??



Something like this....



...will be going up there to fill the space or maybe even a fabric covered bulletin board since it's up high enough that the little Miss can't reach it.

The frame is from Goodwill and I had my framer cut me a couple mats with standard size openings so that I can change out the pictures whenever I feel like it.

A peony pink next to the green stripes and the green walls would be quite predictably and quite perfectly "ME".



As for the rest of the message center, I'm still trying to find the perfect calendar and the perfect dry erase board. It just seems that all of my options are either too big or too small. I may have to make my own!

I would LOVE any of these Madeline Weinrib fabrics for the bulletin board!!!!




They seriously make me swoon!!

I'm hoping to have this finished very soon! I'm searching the internet like crazy looking for the perfect pieces! If you know of any unique products that might fit the bill please drop me a line!!





8 comments:

  1. Hello Kelle:
    The stripes look very professional indeed. As you say, very time consuming work but the attention to detail in the preparation stage really does pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome paint job!!! looks fabulous! I feel your pain on the time that the stripes must have taken. But it looks absolutely perfect. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those green stripes are lovely and look so chic in that area. Patience of a saint paid off xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw the message center looks great lady friend - the stripes are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it shocking how difficult the stripes can be??? Your message centre is looking amazing. I'm envious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those fabrics -- the touches of pink make me think of Ashley Putnam. But I love that last navy(?) and white graphic number too.

    What about a dry erase board made of glass in a frame with one of those pretty fabrics behind it?
    Or even mirror to bounce around some light?
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good Kelle! I agree, stripes are hard. Loving that frame!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its like you learn my thoughts! You appear to grasp a lot about this,
    like you wrote the guide in it or something. I feel that you can do with
    some % to force the message house a bit, however other than that, this is fantastic blog. An excellent read. I'll certainly be back.

    My homepage :: direct lenders cash advance

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.