Thursday, June 2, 2011

Superheroes!!

You all know how CRAZY I am about kid's art.....

well....this is the show happening right now at the ArtWorks Gallery. It's all about Superheroes!! 












Local elementary students were asked to render themselves as superheroes or icons. 

Isn't it amazing how each kid has such a different concept? 

Makes me wonder how each kid dreamed up their hero....



Wolfman, for example.

I'm not gonna lie....Wolfman's crazy face and arms crack me up.  That's why he's my favorite! His supehero power must be to save me and all my loved ones from a dangerous grouchy kind of day!

This kid is a genius!!

And so is this kid...


Super Striped Girrrrl!!! She makes me happy too. 

They're all little geniuses in my book!

The show doesn't stop with the drawings...there are some Superheroes made out of socks and other random findings as well. 

Here they are...leaping off tall buildings and saving the world from imminent danger!!!





I'm not sure what their names are, but these kids mean business when it comes to glue and string!

Can't you just tell how much fun this was for them? 

Here's more info on the show...


There are pieces from college students and adult artists as well. It's a fun show and if you're in the area you should stop in! 

Kinda makes me wonder how I would render myself as a Superhero...I think it would involve lots of hot pink and sparkly things...I'm just sayin.

Hope you all have a Super Friday!!






7 comments:

  1. So awesome. I just love to see how kids interpret the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like framed kids artwork.
    They add so much character to a space.


    Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER fun. The colors, images and creativity! Amazing. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are seriously awesome! the third grader that i work with just made the best comic ever and drew himself as a super hero, i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great, I love super stripe girl! What a fun exhibit and it is interesting how kids can portray themselves.
    XO

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.