Monday, June 13, 2011

A Powder Room Makeover


The powder room makeover for my MIL is almost complete!! 

Here is the sconce we went with. The Circolo from Kichler lighting...


The vanity is a simple shaker style in black like these...I don't have my own image just yet...




I want a mirror like this....


but that's not what we have....yeah....I'm still fighting this battle, and it's a hard one because my opponent costs only $20!!! I will win. Eventually.

Here is what the powder room looked like....


Very dark. 


Very Country/Colonial. 

Not ANYMORE!! The powder room is now completely empty and has been painted Simply Elegant Blue,  from Pittsburgh Paints. It took some convincing, but the ceiling was also painted the same blue. I believe in painting the ceiling a complementary color, when you can. The ceiling is a wall after all, and it does deserve some attention. Painting the ceiling a light blue can almost make it disappear.


The floors have also gone from linoleum to a beautiful solid oak. You CAN put solid wood flooring in powder rooms and it's always wise to keep flooring as seamless as possible. It's how you make spaces feel bigger, cleaner, and visually connected.

I should have some images to share within the next couple weeks! I'm excited to see this clean and elegant powder room come to life... even if I don't get my dream mirror!











4 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been a busy girl with all your projects lately! I agree with hardwood in a powder room. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited...it's going to be a little jewel box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be so elegant, can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I can't wait to see the images of the finished room. LOVE the mirror! Nicolex

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.