Monday, June 20, 2011

ArtWorks Inspiration Board

Happy Monday! Here is the inspiration board for my ArtWorks project:


Sherwin-Williams paint colors: (far left) Functional Gray, Black Magic, and Griffin



Notice all the MANliness?? 
Lots of black, brownish grays, industrial metals, shiny metals, rivets, and the one missing element on this board....wood. The store has perfectly imperfect wood flooring with the kind of character that only age and circumstance can create. We are also incorporating wood pieces that have an industrial feel, like so....



I'll be on the look out for some huge industrial wheels and hinges. Pulleys too! 

I picked up a couple metal bins at a garage sale the other day for $1!! The lady who sold them to me was very surprised that I actually wanted to buy them. I don't think I was supposed to find them buried under the other stuff in her garage. 


Not everyone will see the coolness in these bins. 

I cleaned them all up and now they're ready to hold some merchandise. 

So, you might be asking, "where's the color!?!"

We will incorporate color in a few different ways. Through the colorful art supplies, the containers holding the art supplies, and through the artwork. There might be a couple walls of color, but I'm not sold on that idea yet. We'll see what happens when I get there :) I'll keep sharing the progress as I go.

Hope you all had a great Father's Day weekend!


8 comments:

  1. great deal on the metal bins. can't wait to see how it all comes together. I'm sure it ill be beautious!! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!! Kelle, you are showing great versatility here with this style. Those metal bins are so, so, so amazing. You go!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very manly. I remember once seeing someone use metal clamps as bookends, that would be perfect with your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will make magic with this I am sure!! On another note, You won the pop pop portraits giveaway so email your choices and address! congrats!! i know they will be put to an amazing use :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look you're creating. That frame is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your garage sale find and am really keen to see your finished look! Really like the idea of your art supplies bringing the colour. I do that with bookcases sometimes, let the books bring the colour to the room :) Nicolex

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.