Saturday, May 7, 2011

What's A Girl To Do....

One of my favorite shops and hang outs is getting a makeover.... The frequently mentioned Artworks, my go to place for custom framing, art supplies, and local art showings is in for a KD kind of treat. 

Don't get me wrong. It's already a cool place, but it's gonna get even cooler.


Doors to be Chicified....almost done with those! Image to come next week.


A new pendant...still thinking about it.


Still thinking about the coolness to come for these stairs. There will most likely be another set of French Doors down here....black of course!! 

Another stairway....the main event...the first impression...



Another door in the gallery space....


Another stairway that will lead to another gallery....


I said I wanted a stairway to work on. I got one. Or a few!!  

Now what will we do with them?? It's a tricky situation because the stairways cannot take away from, or make a larger impression than the gallery that they are leading to. They should provide a somewhat seamless transition from merchandise space to gallery space. I'll be keeping it simple and clean, but cool. 

This is a fun one! I hope you all enjoy the journey as much as I will!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you fabulous Mothers out there! Make sure to spoil yourselves! 
You deserve it! 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome project. I can't wait to see what you do with it. Have a great Mother's Day yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, dang! I was going to suggest that really great orange stairwell you featured, but that would definitely take away from the art. Maybe the same idea, but in grey? Now I am going to have to go back and take a look at that post again!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your next project Kelle! Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I am so excited to see what you are going to do! What a beautiful space!! Have fun and I hope you had a wonderful weekend and Mothers Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really fun project. Can't wait to come along for the ride and see what you do with the space.

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.