Monday, May 2, 2011

Update: Fabulous Ten Dollar Find!!

I've been playing around with this little lady of a chair for over a YEAR now!!

I think I've made some progress!

You may remember where I started...



And where I've been...



And now, here I am....



Still not done, but getting closer. I was playing around with a friend's handkerchief collection and this idea popped into my head. I pinned on the hankies just for fun and I actually like the flirty look! The chair is propped on top of an end table, just to give you an idea of how the hankies will hang. Now it's just too bad  that the hankies belong to a friend!!! Oh well...I know someone in my family has a stash hidden somewhere!! 

The best part of this little skirt idea is that it can put some meaningful items to work. 

Now to put the real legs on the chair and finish her up. I love it when I happen to fall onto the path of least resistance! I was about ten seconds away from sewing a tailored skirt for this little lady! Soooo glad I never got around to it!!!! Maybe I will finish her this year!!

Here's hoping....

11 comments:

  1. You could easily find hankies at an antiques mall if you decided to go for the look. It's definitely an original, fun look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely has the feel of a beautiful flamenco dancer's dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that is the cutest chair! What a great idea Kelle! You always have such wonderful creations!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so creative kelle! that's a really cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kelly, your chair is coming along so nicely! Adding the handkerchiefs was such a unique idea! I love it. Try searching Ebay, and Etsy if your unable to find them elsewhere! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so darned creative and so utterly feminine. I'm going to send this to Megan at Restoring the Roost, who recently posted about what to do with hankies.

    http://restoringtheroost.blogspot.com/2011/04/vintage-handkerchiefs.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I never thought hankies could get any better than that, I'm like the idea here. The new look seemed pretty comfy, can I take a sit?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea for vintage hankies- how creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute idea! I love how flirty the chair became once you added the hankies.

    So glad that I am not the only one who takes a while to finish something:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an original idea! So clever Kelle. Nicolex

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.