Monday, May 9, 2011

Message Centers

Happy Monday!!

After being spoiled rotten all weekend, I'm not so sure that I'm ready for it to be Monday. 
I hope you all had a beautious Mother's Day!!! 

One of my gifts (which still isn't done, but that's ok) was a message center for our kitchen. 

So far, I have the frame and the design, now I'm just waiting for the hubby to put in the plywood. He has a deadline to meet or else I will be outsourcing his job!

Here are my inspiration images:

image via PB Teen



image via Apartmentherapy






image via Pottery Barn



Here's where it's gonna go....


on the side of the pantry cabinet. Usually there would be a decorative end panel attached the cabinet, but we saved a few dollars on our kitchen reno by leaving it out. Now I can do something completely custom that will function in more ways than just one.



I want it to look clean and organized and to flow with the rest of the hallway. 

I will be breaking it up into three different parts. 

1. A French Bulletin Board for anything pretty and inspiring or random...


like a crayon that might warn the family of my mood for the day...this particular day was unmellow yellow...we were renovating....long story..

2. A calendar since I never know what day it is!!


image via Martha Stewart.com


3. A place for charts to keep track of the little ladies potty training progress. 


While this is cute...it's just not working for me. You know how I like to complicate things!


I can't wait to get it finished!!! 

Hope you're all getting a good start to the week! 


7 comments:

  1. You do have the perfect spot for a command center. I think the one from SL a few years back was located on the side of a cabinet like that - maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so envious of all that space to use up for organizational centre. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see! I love those and keep looking around my kitchen for a place for one. I love the crayon idea too, I could tape one to the door to warn my hubby when he gets home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Julia Child was 32 before she began cooking :) Nicolex

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, i think i need the chalkboard message center!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the perfect place for a message board, Kelle. I know you(or husband rather)will make it perfect. Two things I can relate to:
    1) Not knowing what day it is.
    2) Potty training.

    Do the two go hand-in-hand?
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to be so organized... stylishly, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.