Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's Like Tiffany's

It's all for a place where me and things go together. A storefront of sorts, that expresses my design aesthetic and provides a common ground for the other lovers of "home" out there. 

You know, like Miss Audrey and Tiffany's.

Holly Golightly: You know those days when you get the mean reds? 

Paul Varjack: The mean reds, you mean like the blues?

Holly Golightly: No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of.  Do you ever get that feeling? 

Paul Varjack: Sure.

Holly Golightly: Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away.  The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could ever happen to you there, not with those kind men in their nice suits, and that lovely smell of silver and alligator wallets.  If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name. 

It could be a consignment spot, an online store, who even knows, but it's creation is necessary. Sharing my passions is what keeps me as light as a souffle. Being limited to the internet is rather isolating. Nothing quite compares to experiencing the excitement when a customer finds something that they really love. Sometimes, it's like they have found their Tiffany's.


My friend Tori has successfully created her Tiffany's and the people who "get it" feel the connection right away.  It's indescribable.  I know that most customers won't get it, but for the few who do, it's worth it. 






Now if only patience and I could be friends!! 

Thank you for all of your love and support! The blog world is what started this whole dream and the support of all your kind souls is what makes me feel that it's possible.






5 comments:

  1. So are you diving into the world of retail? I owned a furniture and home decor store before we moved. Loved and hated it. It's something I've definitely contemplated doing again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you. I totally get what you're saying about being face-to-face with your potential customers. There is a consignment shop in our area that rents half of its space as booths to those who want to sell their own finds or items they create themselves. Is there anything like that in your area where you could test the waters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait, so you are going to have a store??? I think you definitely have the energy!!! you would do so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know exactly what you mean, I have an online store and have toyed seriously with opening a brick and mortar store as you do crave the face to face connection with customers. Good luck with your venture, and isn't Holly Golightly a great source of inspiration :) Nicolex

    PS I LOVE the song that plays when I open your blog, makes me smile everytime!

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.