Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Update: Painted Wallpaper

It's Wednesday already!?!

Is your week flying by too? Geesh!

It's been a crazy week...broken T.V., broken phones, found a lump of peanut butter in the toaster...the list goes on. The good news is that I think I'm about 1/4 of the way done with painting the wallpaper in our bedroom!

Don't be discouraged that it has taken me so long. It really hasn't. I just don't work on it that often. Remember in the first post I said that this is one of those projects that you should only work on when you feel like it. Otherwise, you will hate it, and give up.

You see, I only work on it really late at night while everyone is sleeping. It's quite nice actually. I plan this nice quiet time to myself early in the day. I make sure to nap with my daughter during the day and then I have my espresso really late in the evening. I can stay up till 2am no problem!

Imagine some nice quiet time to yourself with your ipod while you paint away...it's really nice!!! You could also listen to a book on tape if you wanted.

Keep in mind if you're working on your own bedroom, your husband or significant other, has to be ok with sleeping with the lights on or having a pillow over his or her face ;) My super husband sleeps with a pillow over his face...isn't he sweet?! I even make noise and wake him up sometimes and he doesn't get mad. He just sits up, says something crazy, and goes back to sleep. It's part of my entertainment for the evening.

Anyway, Here is the one finished wall:





I have started on the other walls too, but they aren't even close to being finished.

The finished wall won't be empty for long...this present from my friend Adam is coming to fill the space...



Look at it's cracked white paint wonderfulness!


It needs some love, but Adam has reassured me that the wood is good underneath all the cracked paint.



I know what you're thinking..."What in the world are you going to do with ANOTHER old door Kelle?!!?"

My plan is to put beveled mirrors in the panels. I have been searching for the right door for awhile now and just couldn't find it. Then Adam decided to tear down his garage and thought of me and my unhealthy obsession with old doors before he tossed this one out. See, it's good when other people know about all of your "crazies"!

I knew the right door would find me eventually! Just in time right?

That's all I've got for today ;) Hope you are all having a great week!

Now I gotta figure out how to get the peanut butter out of the toaster!!!

Kelle
xx

7 comments:

  1. My husband reads or watches tv at night with the light on and I can sleep no problem. I might have to get him up doing some painting instead...much more productive! It is looking fantastic. I just hope you're planning to stay in this house for a long time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "wallpaper" looks amazing. I'm sure it's very time consuming but you're room is going to look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking beautiful! PS - I looked at this and thought it was old because I didn't remember that it was Wednesday.

    I think my stressful life may have gotten the best of me.

    I love you - I can't wait to see the mirrored door - such an amazing alternative to a normal full length mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your wallpaper looks amazing!! when i painted our whole kitchen i worked in the garage with loud music, my wine and a lot of paint fumes - was fun :) p.s. thanks for your note while I was gone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...totally worth your effort. Glad you husband is a good sport.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PB in the toaster...did it come out? Great stencil...I want to try something like this, can't wait to see it all done....and the unhealthy obsession with old doors sounds like a "healthy odsession" to me, the mirrors will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your walls are looking amazing!! Hey you can call me and I will come help, I am up at that time too and painting and listening to music would be better than just laying there! Your hubby is so sweet, I think mine would throw the pillow at me. :)
    Love the door and can't to see what you do with it!!

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.