Monday, April 25, 2011

Update: My Latest Craving...A Black Door

I did it!! I painted the front door black!

I was nervous at first because going from white to black is huge and can be really overwhelming. After about three strokes with the brush, it's boldness won me over.  Black is so chic and timeless. It added instant elegance.

I went from hating this door, to LOVING  it!! I feel more at home now. Especially with Bailey's painting right next to it!! ( I'm still giddy over it!)

Here's the before:



And NOW....




I used some chalkboard paint that was leftover from another project, so I didn't even have to go out and spend money. I love it when that happens!!

I'm pretty happy with the transformation and I think it will hold up nicely until I get my dream door. I'll wait much more patiently now.

I can also scribble notes on it if I feel like it. I haven't informed my daughter that she can actually draw on it yet. I may never tell.


Since I love this door so much, I'm contemplating doing the same to this door....


It will soon have a white roman shade with a black detail, like this...

image via Coco Cozy

It only makes sense and my daughter would love it too. Good thing I still have some paint left!

Now for a light that is worthy....like this one....


....or this one.....


.....this one would do too....


I'll know the one when I see her. Most likely somewhere unexpected and when I have zero cash. I will then devise a plan to make her mine...muahahahaha!

Another black door coming soon!

Hope you are all off to a good start this week! Can't wait to see what you've been up to!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a huge difference Kelle! Your entry looks so nice! I love the rug too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it! YEAH!!! I LOVE IT!!! It looks like a different space and I say go for it with the other door too. :)
    Have a wonderful week!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks SO good. I love it. Seriously.
    (and p.s. i'll def share more pictures of inside the new flat, i haven't even seen it yet though, eeep!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the black door. What a great job you've done! Am currently trying to talk my husband into letting me paint some of our interior doors black so fingers crossed :) Nicolex PS THANKS for stopping by First House on the Right! I was well chuffed as the Brits would say :) and PPS an even bigger THANKS for adding me to your Blog Roll! I shall most definitely return the favour :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to do the black door on my back door. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, yay, yay!! It looks so, so, so good! You GO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelle, it would NEVER occur to me to paint any of my doors black. But that looks very classy. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love it....I am looking at mine right now thinking it needs to be black too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.