Friday, April 1, 2011

Olioboard for Bailey

I keep dreaming of Bailey's big girl room...I still haven't decided on a color scheme and I'm trying to get as much input from her as possible.

She's 2.5 going on 14, guess how easy it is to figure out what she wants...yeah,not easy!

She changes her mind everyday just like I do!!

I think if I pick a color scheme that has meaning it may be more likely to stand the test of time.

You might remember these....



they were made by great grandmother, Mamie, and we both love them!!! My husband even made up a song for Bailey and her love of butterflies. It goes:

Butterfly, butterfly, yay yay yay
Butterfly, butterfly, yay yay yaaaaaaaaaaay!!

They'll be on tour this summer.

Another huge source of inspiration....








Illustrations from Mad About Madeline.

We both love to read Madeline! I think I love it more than she does right now, but the classic tales and Madeline's charm are bound to stick with her forever.

I love how Madeline has some moxie. She tells that Tiger at the zoo what's up!

Bailey also loves birds just like her Nana.



One of her favorite things to do at Nana's house is to help feed the birds.

Bailey recently adopted a little bird sculpture that I found at a St.Vincent's Thrift Store, as her new pet. She named her Zsa Zsa.

I have no idea where she comes up with this stuff!!

Alas all of this inspiration has lead me to create this...



This might just be it! I'm pretty happy with it. We'll see if we both feel the same way next week :)

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!! I'm hoping to do some blog hopping!
Kelle
xx

5 comments:

  1. Stunning! I absolutely adore your colour combination. If you're like me (and I think you are:) then it will be YOU who wants to keep changing her room, not her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I think bright yellow, white and bright purple are going to look BEAUTIFUL in there! I think Bailey will really love it and it will be able to grow with her (until you change it in another 2 years!!!).

    I miss you all like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for yellow, Madeline, silly songs, and for your careful consideration of your daughter's likes and dislikes. I am also working on my 2.5 year olds' room (twin girls) and the color scheme is yellow and pale blue. Something is missing in there though, so I'm going to take a closer look at your Olioboard and see if I can determine what it is - contrast maybe? Looking forward to watching the transformation take place, Kelle!

    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I like the way you took your inspiration from what she loves, but put together something that doesn't look too little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all i know is that i can't wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.