Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Green Randomness

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!

I hope you're all having a great week!

I added a few doses of spring green around the house this week.

I NEEEEEEEEED Spring to come!!! Don't you??

It looks like spring outside, but is sure doesn't feel like spring!!

I got out my colorful plate collection....



and popped them into the panes of the door....





The plates are a mishmash of styles and from several different places. Some are very special. Nothing appeals to my senses more than a mishmash of things from all styles and eras.

Front top left; Pier 1 Maribeth plate $5.

Queens blue and white patterned plate from Marshalls $2.99.

A beautiful plate that was recently handed down to me from my mother-in-law. Story goes that it belonged to an old lady who lived down the street from her parents in a beautiful Victorian home. When she passed away my MIL and her cousin went to pay their respects and were given a few of her plates. Made by W&E Corn, England, it appears that it could be from 1900-1904. Is that special or what?

Bottom right, special depression glass plates from my fabulous mother's side of the family. I believe they belonged to my great grandmother, Mamie Kamm and were passed down to my Aunt Deta, and then my Mom, and now to me. This is decorating with meaning at it's best!

Now I just have to properly put them on the wall so that I don't have to worry about them falling over and breaking! Maybe add something to the background too. Apple green and white striped fabric perhaps??

As For the dining room table...

Some crab apple branches and some blooming branches (no idea what they are:)These are definitely helping to cure my gray winter blue blahs!





I love how the branches and the sassy little bird chair get along.




For the kitchen...some more tulips!!! My hubby got them for me and I didn't even have to ask!!!!!

He even managed to get my favorite ones...the curly ones (no idea what they are called either)








Lesson learned: You might have to spell it out for the Mr.'s a few times, but after awhile they might just get it.

AND

A pear painting that I started. I'm only about half done. I needed some artwork to hide all the cords and figured another pop of green wouldn't hurt! I found the frame at a thrift store for $3!! Just spray painted it and sanded it a little.
Badabing badaboom!

Who wants to look at cords and plugs anyway?? No one. That's who.



A pot of grass. Fake grass that is! I have such a black thumb I won't even attempt to grow grass indoors!

P.S. why are all common and affordable phones ugly?? I don't get it. They are out where we can see them, therefore they should be prettier looking and/or cool, while still being affordable!

I really really really want this one!!!


But it costs somewhere around $170!!! I mean come on...it's a regular phone disguised as a retro phone, not an iPhone people!

I would also love a modern version of this green one:



It fits the bill for my current obsession with spring green don't you think?!

That's all for my spring green fixes around the house! Next I'll be finding some fabrics that go with the suzanni fabric that has exploded all over my house!

Something like these....







The options are endless!!

Where did you add some spring??

Thanks for stopping by!
Kelle
xx

6 comments:

  1. Oh Kelle, I love your plate collection! The blues and greens together are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so perfect!!! The plates work so well together..the windows on the wall, the chair and the greenery are so inviting...This is why I love your blog so much, you put the unexpected together so well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no spring action going on in my house yet. I just look at it in all the bloggers houses. LOVE all your touches. That green is a fav of mine right now as well. Great job decorating and chasing away those winter blues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo spring is springing at your house!!! love it! i love the plates in the door, that is really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving green now too...hate the cords showing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the blue and green plates together.I have yet to bring any spring touches into my home, but one of my favorite things to do is buy potted tulips and daffodils and put them in my own pots. When they're done blooming I plant them in my yard so I can enjoy them again the next year. (Maybe you could get yourself a pot of the curly ones that you like so you'll have some for your yard next year.)

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.