Friday, March 11, 2011

Call me Crazy!

She's just "crazy"!!!

That's "crazzzzy!!!"

That's what "they" say...

I want to create beautiful spaces in order for people to feel at "home" in their home. I want my clients to love their house soooo much, that they want to share it with the people they love, so that they will feel good and happy too.

I want my clients to see and experience what it is to live in a space that truly reflects their life and their loves.

Everyone has a story. Everyone has a past. Everyone has people and things that mean something to them. Everyone deserves to be surrounded by the beauty of their life, and everyone deserves to display that beauty without judgment.

I help my clients dig a little deeper. I help them pull out their genuine, and uniquely beautiful story.

Sounds simple enough right?

It's not often an easy task. Unfortunately, a lot of people, especially women, do not feel that they can really have or do what they want in their own home.

So often I hear sentences like this: " I love pink, but isn't that too girly??"


Some crazy pink from Daisy Pink Cupcake

or "I love this dark color, but my sister said that it will make the room feel small"


from houseinteriordecor
This room isn't crazy, it's cozy.

or " I love rustic stuff, but isn't "country" out?"


from decorica

If you LOVE it...it's "in". It's not "crazy" and you're not "crazy"

Keeping up with the "ins" and "outs" for the sake of the world, is just too much work people. You determine what is "in" and "out". People out there like me, who do what I do, should be out there to help you convey what you believe to be "in", in the best way possible. Never to make you feel that what you love is "crazy". It's my job to introduce new ideas and concepts that will help you convey your story in the most functional and fabulous way for YOU.

Why do we often seek permission from the world before doing what we want? Don't get me wrong...I do it too. Not so much about decor or house stuff. We all know that 9 times out of 10, I'm gonna do what I want! I seek permission about life stuff. I call it the "crazy check". I have to check with my close friends to make sure I'm not crazy about something.

You know what's crazy??? Living without being "crazy"!!

There. I said it.

What do you want to do that is just "crazy"???

Here is why I'm "crazy": I want to help make downtown Kenosha the most happening and fabulous place to be. I want to help support local businesses while doing what I love! I want a fabulous store that provides home furnishings, home decor, antiques, flea market finds, work from local artists, and provides design services. I want this store to feel like a second home to it's shoppers. I want people to start shopping with a heart and start living with some soul.


Call me "crazy"

Kelle
xx

5 comments:

  1. That's why we love you. You're just crazy in all the right ways. I couldn't agree more that people need to design for themselves and stopping looking for validation. Have a super crazy weekend xo Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I loved this post. I want to visit that store that you described. There is a small boutique like that in my area. The owner is so warm and always remembers me when I come in. She goes out of her way to help you find what you want. I can see you having a place like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!! I so needed to hear this, I ask for help alot and approval. I know what I like and I like having things that I love in my home. I would also like a store like you described, that would be wonderful! You are not crazy my friend, ok, maybe just a little bit, but I love it! ;)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, you tell them!!! This was awesome, and I agree with you. I definitely try to stick with what I like (not really pink, but I do love that random coffee table!!!).
    And thank you so much for your nice input and feedback on the balance and blogging post, it totally made my day to read, I do value your thoughts and opinions because I also find you to be genuine - I always look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honey, I'd take that definition of crazy every single day of the week. Gorgeous sentiments and dead on, too.

    Leigha

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.