Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Why Hellllloooo....

aren't you a fine little dresser just waiting to come home with me??



That's right. I talk to furniture.

Sometimes it takes a little sweet talk to get a purty little dresser out of the junk pile.

In case you hadn't guessed, I went pickin again last weekend!

The flea market that I hit up once a month was a bit of a bust, but I had some luck at the Community Thrift!

I found this bow front chest buried under a pile of clothes in the back of the store! She cost me a whopping $30!!!





As you can probably tell, she needs lots of love!! She's a beautiful piece from 1952, and has taken some abuse over the years.

But...she came with a drawer filled with candy wrappers, opened suckers, and granola bars! I think it was her way of saying "Happy Valentines Day!!"

Notice her hardware that has a beautiful patina? Patina = Smitten :)

Here are my inspirational images:


From an Ebay Ad

Since her veneer is pretty much shot, she will be a beautifully painted piece by the time I'm done with her.


via Apartment Therapy

I'm guessing she will live in my bedroom when she's all done. I'm excited to have found her because I have been wanting something for our room.

I estimate her total cost to be somewhere around $70 by the time I'm finished with her. Not bad, eh?

Some of you have asked for tutorials on how I re-finish furniture, so I will try to capture the process and share it with you.

Have you found any treasures lately?

Kelle
xx

5 comments:

  1. What gorgeous dresser! I can't wait to see how you make her over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I am soooo jealous Kelle. I absolutely love this dresser and the pulls will be gorgeous with a little cleaning. Get working!! I can't wait to see what you do with it:) Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear me. I'm in love.

    I vote for white, mustard yellow or navy blue. And the patina is AMAZING.

    Leigha

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great score Kelle. I love the patina on the hardware-I just love the hardware in general. I can totally see you painting this a dozen times over the course of your life to change with your decor and current color obsessions.

    Can't wait to see your finished project.

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.