Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Lady and The Scamp




I have ALWAYS been addicted to magazines... any kind of magazine...since I can remember. Back in the 90's when I was in high-school, my friend Jess and I would hang out in my room looking at magazines for hours. I would cut "cool" images out of these magazines and plaster them all over my notebooks. Typical. I know.

I still have some notebooks from this fabulous time in my life and on the back of one of these notebooks was an article titled The Lady and The Scamp. I have no idea who wrote it, as I failed to write that part down. I guess it wasn't all that important to me at the time. I copied it down in pencil on the back of this one notebook and after all the ware and tear over the years, I can just barely read it.

It is quite fabulous:

They lurk there within the soul of every woman. The lady and the scamp. Their duality is absolutely essential. It doesn't take money or a title to be a lady. Rather, the lady is a woman who possess refined taste and manners ~ not to mention an exceedingly good wardrobe. Think Alfre Woodard, Jackie Kennedy, and Audrey Hepburn. The scamp on the other hand, is a woman with an independent manner and a taste for mischief ~ not to mention a closet packed with trendier wear. Think Wynona Ryder, Tina Turner, or Pamela Anderson. The scamp runs the risk of being considered something that starts with a "T" and rhymes with "scamp". Let the two out to play and you'll keep everyone guessing for years to come.

I still love the article and now I can relate it to decor. If our clothing tells a story about us, then our bedrooms really do too.

Can you tell if a "lady" is inhabiting these bedrooms or a "lady" who has harnessed her inner "scamp"?? Nothing wrong with either, after all, both the lady and the scamp live within us all.

What's your guess?

A stylish "lady" ??







via decorpad


~ or ~ a woman who has harnessed her inner "scamp":





This should be interesting ;)

Happy Monday!
Kelle
xx

3 comments:

  1. Love the images and love how a couple things can turn a room from lady to "Scamp"! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are gorgeous rooms. I'm afraid If I showed you my bedroom you'd think I was showing my inner hobo. We are always the last room in the house to get decorated since we've had kids. We move so often that it seems like we get a nice bedroom just for showings and that;s it. Sad...Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say always, always, channel 'scamp'. Save the 'lady' for living rooms and dining rooms.

    Smile.

    Leigha

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.