Monday, February 7, 2011

For My Love of Windows!

I am starting from scratch in our front living/dining room. I really needed a blank canvas for this room, so I emptied it out and re-painted. The paint color is even called "canvas white"! How appropriate!

It's an elegant white that has a slight hint of yellow and feels a bit warmer than a typical white.

I have almost finished Layer One of this re-do and thought I would share with you what my hubby and I worked on this weekend.








I decided it was time for my collection of antique windows to come out of the basement! I have always loved old windows and I have always wanted a house that had windows with so much character. Turns out we don't have that house with those special windows, so I gave them to myself in another way. I'm quite happy with them! I also love how they reflect the lights of the chandeliers and throw a bit more sparkle back into the room.

My ridiculously sweet hubby, spent his entire Sunday hanging this window composition for me, and then tackled the project of hanging the last of our special "honeymoon doors" on the adjacent wall.

In case you are wondering what a "honeymoon door" is, it's one of our special doors that we purchased on our honeymoon in Saugatuck Michigan. I had no clue what I do with these doors at the time. I just knew I had to have them! You can read the previous post about what I did with the other "honeymoon" door here.

How did my husband work AND watch the Super Bowl you ask??
Well, there were no Super Bowl festivities at our house on Sunday...(GASP!)...we just aren't "sports" people. This is especially sinful seeing as how we live in Wisconsin!!! Sorry Packer fans. We are glad they won though :)

I hope this has provided some inspiration for my fellow antique window and door lovers!! If you would like details on how we hung these just let me know via an email or with a comment. I'd be glad to help :)

I will share more ideas as the room receives it's final layers. Can't wait!

Hope you're all having a fabulous week!
Kelle
xx

9 comments:

  1. Seriously Kelle, when I saw the first image I thought it was from a magazine. I love that you used something personal as wall art.

    BTW, is there anything sexier than a man who will hang things for you on Super Bowl Sunday? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING the windows and the way they are hung! Beautiful! That was so wonderful of hubby to help you out! What a beautiful space! I agree with Karen, I though it was a magazine when I first looked at the picture! I love your doors too! Saugatuck? My dear I only live 20 minutes from there!! Next you come over, let me know, would love to go antiquing with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! I had no idea you lived so close Michelle!! We have to go shopping!! I loved Saugatuck!! We stayed at the cutest bed n breakfast called Sherwood Forest. Have you heard of it? We are always wanting to go back. I will definitely let you know when we make our way across the lake! That would be exciting to meet you and go antiquing! Maybe this summer?!
    Kelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so fun! Love the way you've displayed everything. I also love old windows and doors. Our last house was over 100 years old and we discovered at least 10 old doors in the basement. Loving your chandelier as well xx CArol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea! Now, I'm wondering how the windows would look like with a different color. Enjoy the gorgeous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea!

    I am blog hopping today and I'm happy to have stopped by your blog.

    Please feel free to come over to either or both of my blogs and follow:

    Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

    Hope to have you come and visit and follow soon!! :0)

    Have a blessed rest of your week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely canvas you have created! The doors and windows are totally gorgeous, too.

    Leigha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see all your updates in person! It's been so long since I stopped by the blog - did you paint the front room/dining room white???

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.