Thursday, February 17, 2011

Almost There!!!





The chair is almost there!

The owner of the upholstery shop, Jerry, and his wife, Lee, are incredibly sweet people...they helped me with my chair for over 3 hours yesterday!!! I seriously owe them!

I am really starting to understand this process and just how tedious it can be. I wish I had more photos to show you more of the transformation process, but I forgot my camera!!!

It's really hard to explain what to do. I'm hoping I can explain more with the Victorian bench project that is coming up. I will be on my own for that one so I can really take my time.

Certain areas of this chair were very tricky. Mainly because I am choosing to keep the back open. With the back open, you have to keep all of your seams nice and clean:


This is the back side of the chair where the back meets the seat. The fabric had to be pushed through from the front and wrapped around the edges ever so neatly.

NOT easy! and OUCH!! You'll soon realize if you missed the chair with some of the staples when you stick your fingers in between the seat and the back!!!

Blood + white chair = not a good mix!!

There is still much work to be done. I'll be putting the final layer of fabric on by myself!!! I'm nervous! Especially since I will be attaching it with nail head trim and my seams will have to be perfect. If I were putting a fabric backing on the chair, it would cover any imperfections. Wish me luck!




This is the front corners of the seat. Where a nice pleat has to be formed. This wasn't all that difficult, but still NOT easy!

I am also thinking that I will need to do some sort of skirt....Lord! What have I gotten myself into?!??

This is gonna take some time, so hold tight my lovelies :)

I'm hoping to have this chair done by spring! How many weeks is that???

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!
Kelle
xx

7 comments:

  1. I have total confidence that this chair will look fantastic. How did you end up getting a free tutorial from the upholsterers? You sweet talker you. Have a great weekend xo Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seriously does not look easy at all, I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It IS looking good! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Have a glorious weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are off to a great start! It's gonna be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am loving it so far Kelle!! I can't wait to see how it all turns out, you are doing a wonderful job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just think how much easier it will be the next time you recover a chair since you'll have all this experience!

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.