Monday, January 3, 2011

Voila! A Practically Finished Kitchen!

We were a very busy family last week and all of our hard work has paid off!

Without further adieu...here she is with a little "before" picture just for some added drama!







The brand spanking new tile! Go Me!!

Now for a BEFORE...this is what she looked like around May of 2009.

Brace yourself....








Gack!! The little jeep walker was a fast get away car for my daughter!!

It is a much more fabulous kitchen now, wouldn't you say?

Just a few little changes made a BIG difference and now I feel like the kitchen really reflects my style. The white subway tiles are clean, classic, and elegant.
I went with an epoxy grout to help prevent staining and to prevent any issues with bacteria.

The bead board above the pass through window adds another texture and another classic element. The bead board is also incorporated on the insides of the glass cabinets. The bell shaped pendant lamp is from Pottery Barn. I loved it's old school feeling and simple elegant lines. I don't think I will ever tire of it!











My kitchen incorporates all the things I love and even showcases a few pieces that have meaning. What more could a girl ask for??





She was once an "artpron" titled "A Lovely Mess" from Third Drawer Down, but I was too scared to actually use her, so I had my friend Chet from Artworks in downtown Kenosha, turn her into something that I could see every day, and not completely destroy. She has become a very special part of the kitchen.


My "love birds" salt and pepper shakers


The glass apothecary jars that I have collected over time from a couple of my favorite shops in Kenosha (Embellished Heart and Andreas Gift Shop


A vintage vinegar bottle from Ande Monster Etsy Shop. I adore Rachael over
over at ...It's Simple Love... she has a lovely blog and is super sweet! Not only does the bottle remind me to check out her fabulous blog, it also serves as a reminder to keep my eyes on her shop for some more great finds!

My winking Baileys cups...you KNOW how much I LOVE these cute little babies!! They are also from Embellished Heart.



The bamboo cutting board was a gift from my husband before we were married. Not only is it a great cutting board, it also hides away our knives. I'll have to do a separate post about this cutting board because I have a genius way of using it! You'll have to wait and see!

There you have it! A practically finished kitchen. There is a tiny wall next to the fridge that needs a couple outlets moved before I can tile around them, so that little wall has to wait. Here is what it looks like now...



Can you blame me for wanting the outlets moved? I want to hide all of the cords and chargers behind a picture. No one wants to see cords and I figure what's a little more drywall dust at this point?? I'm becoming quite close to the vacuum :)

I hope you love it! I also hope you are getting a great start to the New Year!!
I can't even believe how fast time flies!!

Kelle
xx

16 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful, Kelle! Your hard work certainly paid off!!!!! I can't believe it's even the same kitch––a total metamorphosis! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kelle!

    Love the glasses with sugar, sutch a god idea.
    It's a big renovattion, whithe is allways a clean space.

    good work!

    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...this kitchen is sooo gorgeous! It has all the elements that I love. Love the little window above the sink and that light is fab. What a huge transformation! You should be proud of yourself :)

    ~Kiri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelle, it's looking amazing! I'm so proud of you and your hard work!

    Also, I cannot believe how much Bailey changes by the month – she looks so much older in the pictures from a few posts back (from when Nick dressed her!). Amazing!

    I'm off to do some work of my own! I'm posting Kate's save the date tonight!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous Kelle. I'm in love with the lighting over the sink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is so gorgeous! Those Baileys cups are so adorable! Enjoy the lovely day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's absolutely gorgeous! amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good before and after and this was fantastic! The tile looks great. I used one similar and did it with some help after many outlets were moved!!! Not terribly hard, but what a pain in the back...and fingers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitchen is gorgeous!
    I'm gonna renovate my kitchen too and I'm looking for good ideas. Loved yours!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're kitchen is a dream! I love it. And those birdies S&P are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, I've been wanting to paint my cabinets and this is exactly why !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a transformation. It's gorgeous.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's GORGEOUS! I wish I had something to show after my vacation...preferably something with subway tiles.

    Leigha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! It looks amazing!!!! I am deeply moved by your cheap looking and very great idea!!! Transformation is amazing!! I want to rent your House when we buy/build a day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The post information is really looking exceptional. And the creative content of this post really makes me crazy about it. Thanks for sharing some exceptional and incredible thing. It's really magnificent.

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.