Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Showing My Stripes

I will be showing my stripes soon...I can't wait till February for soooo many reasons!!!

1. We get to do more work on Miss Emely's room.

2. I get to repaint my family room, living room, and powder room. Mostly due to drywall patches, but also because I have ideas :)

3. I get to start working on the lovely Victorian Settee that I posted about on Monday. (I'm thinking a random light blue/green color with a subtle fabric and maybe some nail heads, we'll see)

4. Upholstery lessons will begin....I'm stoked about that!! I have always wanted to learn how to upholster! I practically die every time I see a beautiful piece of furniture that needs some love. Once I learn, I will be able to create the pieces I imagine! The power will be mine....all mine...MOOHAHA!!! Ok. That might have been a little weird.

Anywhoo, these are striped walls that have been inspiring my upcoming paint project:


via decorpad


via I'm not sure


via the beloved Domino Mag


via oops, not sure again


via House Beautiful


via decorpad

Aren't they enticing?

Subtle stripes add an interesting element without being too distracting. If I went black and white that might be a little distracting, but it would be worth it in my eyes. I love it when people take the plunge and just do it!! They scream confidence and "BONJOUR!!"

Beige and white stripes or gray and white are an alternative to going all white. Usually the all white look is pulled off using lots of texture, like adorable paneled walls, bead board, or wainscoting, but since I have zero of these in my home, I'm adding my own. I wish I could go down the the panel/wainscoting road, but my allowance said no.

I'll be working hard and hopefully by March you will see the results! Can't wait!

Happy Hump Day!
Kelle
xx

4 comments:

  1. Kelle, good luck on your stripes!! I love mine. I have apple green and white stripes in my kitchen and dining room. Love them sooo much. You can take a peek at them on my sidebar. Can't wait to see yours,Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those ideas! Especially the first one! Oh I wish I lived somewhere where I could paint the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have some wonderful ideas! I would love to take upholstery classes, how fun!!
    I can't wait to see how things unfold for you, have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear how the stripes go. It looks quite difficult getting the pattern of the taping just right. I know you can do it.
    BTW, I adore your chair you trend setter. That amount of colour I can totally get in to. It's the pink sofas I'm seeing everywhere that make me cringe.
    xo Carol

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.