Side effects of D.I.Y tiling may include sudden headaches and stomach upset, a hunchback posture, and a general feeling of being 90 years old.
This was our kitchen BEFORE:
The back splash was a fun father daughter project!
Yes. I tile in my pajamas!
Here's to a good start...
I got the hang of it and then I was on my own.
Notice the hunchback forming!!
Don't wake up the supervisor!!
And about 4 hours later... and on my way to looking like this guy...
Here is a finished wall!!
Now I only have three more to go!!
Genius Idea: Hire your kid to be the spacer remover. Labor shmabor.
Notice how my husband dresses our daughter?!? Poor girl!
My D.I.Y tiling tips for you:
1. Take Ibuprofen BEFORE you even start
2. Wear a poncho while using the tile cutter or just throw a hand towel over your shoulder on the side where the cutter shoots water.
3. Put up a tarp or towels to protect the area around the cutter from water.
4. Use painters tape on your tiles to mark your cutting lines instead of markers that will run and make a mess. The tape will stay on if you press it firmly.
5. If you can, buy the tiles with the mesh background and save yourself lots of time and backaches!
I'm STILL not done!! Did I mention I still have to grout?!?
Even though I look and feel like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, I am very happy to have learned a new skill and that our kitchen is very close to being finished!!
If I ever hire someone to do my tiling for me, I will NEVER complain about their bill!
Hope you all have a fabulous New Year!! I will probably be tiling!!