Friday, September 24, 2010

Embellished Heart

Happy Friday everyone!

Yesterday I came across a little local shop named Embellished Heart. I also had the pleasure of meeting the owners, Tori and Norma Tartlton, a.k.a. the sweetest mother-daughter duo in downtown Kenosha! What I thought would be a short trip into a store turned into a delightful afternoon of chatting and day dreaming about charming and meaningful interiors and a new future for our downtown Kenosha area.


It's wonderful to meet people who share your loves and dreams and are just as determined as you are to make a difference in the community. I'm not quite sure how we will accomplish it, but downtown Kenosha is due for a major overhaul and when women are determined...watch out!!!


So, just what is Embellished Heart all about?? Pretty much everything a fabulous girl dreams of...antiques galore, handmade jewelry and art, elegantly re-purposed furniture, and those special little knick knacks that tug on your heart strings.

Here are some little snippets of the store:

































































































































































































































Does this place look fun and charming or what?! It was completely appropriate for me to find this shop in the same week that I declared the book, Living With What You Love, the BEST book on how to decorate for your soul.


If you are in the area make sure you stop by and plan to spend some time so that you can soak in all the little details and maybe chat a little with Tori and Norma ;)

Have a great weekend!

Kelle
xx

P.S. Next week I will post some pictures of the purchases that I made and tell you why these items spoke to me and said, "Take me home with you !!" as well as how I incorporated the special items into my home.

What special things have you purchased lately?



10 comments:

  1. I love shops like this, there aren't enough of them in my area though. I really like that they repurpose furniture instead of just bringing in new items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama Mia, I just love love love your blog! I will be back!

    Agneta, a swedish one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool!!!! I want to own a shop like this some day. I love the furniture. That map love seat is calling my name.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew this shop had your name all over it Rachael!! I have a few pictures of some vintage clothes and jewelry that I know you would love! I can totally see you having a store! Do it girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, alluring. I just bought a new couch (I know, not exactly a knick knack) from West Elm. It was a complete steal at $234. I love a bargain!

    Leigha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing. I love Tori too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful, delightful shopping experience we had at Embellished Heart! The name of this lovely shop truly fits Tori and Norma. They are living their dream and it shows with all the love they put into it!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Υour stylе iѕ veгy uniquе in
    compariѕοn to other pеoρle I've read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you'ѵe got thе oрpoгtunity, Gueѕs I ωill јust book mark this
    web site.

    My web-site: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very straightforward to find out any matter on net as compared to books, as I found this article at this web page.

    My page wiki.cagepotato.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it,
    you might be a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your
    blog and will often come back sometime soon. I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great work, have a nice day!


    Look at my web-site :: Mannheim Kindergeburtstag

    ReplyDelete

Please do...don't be shy now! I love to hear your thoughts.