I have recently discovered a new trend in interior design services. The concept is this - Instead of hiring an interior designer, hire a design mentor. A design mentor provides the service of design guidance for your home projects. Based on your input from your answers to a design questionnaire, your images of inspiration, and photos and measurements of your space, you receive: 1. A personalized digital concept board; 2. Your own selection box filled with fabrics, paint swatches, and material samples for your project; and 3. A personalized shopping list of the items you need to purchase.
Why is this a good idea???? Several reasons.
1. This process is ideal for those with smaller budgets. And in this economy that is just about everyone.
2. A design mentor charges a low flat rate.
3. You get to control the spending.
4. Your mentor provides you access to materials, furnishings, and concepts that you might otherwise not have or be able to visualize on your own.
5. You can do a lot of the work yourself, thereby saving more money.
6. If you don't want to do the work yourself, you are also the one to find the right person for the job, which means you might find someone to do the work for less than a designer would, and you won't have the up charge from a designer.
7. When you have questions or need advice, your mentor is there to see you through until the project is complete.
8. Everyone wins!!
This got me thinking..... and I'm thinking why not?
Who wants to be my first client???? Did I mention the first one is free!! You provide the space and the budget and I provide the guidance :)
AND THE WINNER IS: THE GARCIA FAMILY!!
PROJECT: BEDROOM a la CHOO CHOO FOR PABLO!!!
STAY TUNED for the project inspiration board and some BEFORE pictures. We all can't wait to get started!!